The Criminal Justice Commission for Credible Leadership Development (CJC-CLD®) is an alliance of professionals qualified to develop credible leaders in law enforcement, corrections, and the military.
The CJC-CLD is responsible for qualifying Credible Leadership Organizations (CLO) and training Certified Credible Leaders (CCL) that have successfully completed the coursework offered by the Institute for Credible Leadership Development of the National Command & Staff College.
“The Criminal Justice Commission for Credible Leadership Development (CJC~CLD®) is a Division of the International Academy of Public Safety Inc. (IAPS®). The division is not a Law Enforcement Organization.
338 Raleigh Street
Holly Springs, NC 27540
(919) 753-1127 FAX (919) 753-1104
Individual certification as a CCL and organizational qualification as a CLO positively enhances overall professionalism, organizational effectiveness and impact in the community. The individual officer and the public safety agency become increasingly able to meet the expectations of those they serve as well as be a leading force in the community. Public servants, especially public safety professionals and their organizations, frequently find themselves thrust into the media spotlight and sometimes even on the global stage. We live in a transparent and networked society where accountability, especially from law enforcement, is demanded by informed taxpayers, elected officials and the legal system. Public safety professionals are simply held to very high standards, very public demands. Professionals concerned with promoting community safety and security profit significantly from the training, skills and tools that the CJC-CLD educational experience provides. As a result, long-term beneficial relationships must be continuously built on mutual confidence and trust.
- Continuously developing leaders – The agency will be recognized as being in the forefront of effective and credible leadership development.
- Exemplifying high moral and ethical standards – The agency is encouraged to champion high ethical and moral standards.
- Demonstrated community leadership – The agency will be empowered to grow in its effect and leadership role in the community.
- Acknowledgement as change agents – Certification demonstrates an individual’s ethical competency-based skills with measurable outcomes for the agency and the community.
- Recognition as an authentic leader – The professional gains recognition as an accomplished and authentic leader who engages in ethical and effective behavior with progressive team and organization development practices.
- Development of the whole person – The professional will receive training that will engage the growth and have a positive impact on family, his/her organization and the community.
- A reduction in crime rate
- A reduction in service calls
- Improved public trust
- Increases in employee operational engagement and job satisfaction
- Improved leadership skills and opportunities to apply those skills
- Reduction in citizen complaints
- Reduction in the “use of force”
- Enhanced employee retention
- Improved customer service
- Improved opportunities for promotions
- Enhanced organizational health
- Development of accountability and responsibility
- Increased professionalism
- Increased citizen and “customer” satisfaction
- Importance of succession planning and its preparation
- Enhanced team building skills and team performance
- A rise in emotional and social intelligence and employee self-development
- Increased capacity in character-building
- Increased cross-cultural proficiency, awareness, understanding and tolerance where differences are recognized
- Importance of honoring integrity of personal and professional differences
- Increased capacity to deliver services especially those developed with community representatives
- Realistic and sustainable problem-solving and community partnership skills