The One Star Certified Credible Leader (Credible Leadership Principles – CCL-1) is designed for those who wish to be certified and recognized at the international level. The following standards are recommended to apply for the One Star Credible Leader certification:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a secondary degree (high school diploma or equivalent).
- Be in good standing with their agency and verified by the agency.
- Have employment within public safety and serve in the capacity as either sworn or civilian personnel.
- Have successfully completed the Institute for Credible Leadership Development Phase I – Foundation & Principles curriculum.
- Complete Moral Compass training and pass an examination.
- Take the Oath of the Moral Compass.
Upon completion, this certification carries with it the responsibilities, honors and privileges of a professional accomplishment with international recognition. This includes the designation of CCL-1 Star to mention after the individual’s name and to wear the CCL – One Star lapel insignia. Successful candidates receive:
- Lapel Pin – A Certified Credible Leader One Star lapel insignia (uniform pin).
- Certificate – An 11×14 professional certification signed by the executives of the CJC-CLD suitable for framing.
- Letter of Accomplishment – A letter of accomplishment mailed to the candidate recognizing him or her as a One Star Credible Leader.
This accomplishment by one individual will lead to a letter of notification being sent to the public safety organization senior executive telling him/her that their agency is designated a Credible Leadership Organization in Development(CLO-D) due to the accomplishments and inspiration of the candidate.